A selective offering of some recent gifts and purchases. Clicking on an image or link will open it in a new window.
Testimonial Dinner Tendered to Marty [Martin] Veth, Union Club (Hoboken), March 17, 1962. Black-and-white group photo, catalog 2012.023.0001. Gift of Patrick Lombardi who worked at the Bethlehem Steel Hoboken Shipyard from 1957-1968. The dinner was a retirement party for Veth, the Hoboken yard superintendent. Lombardi was present with his wife among the hundreds of attendees.
Randolph Hoppe donated three Hoboken business letterheads (accession 2012.022) with engraved images of their buildings. R.B. Davis Sales (1933), the distribution arm for Davis Baking Powder and Cocomalt, The Independent Sugar Refinery Co., New York, (1901) showing their Hoboken Refinery and the Steneck Trust Building (1912), a bank building still seen at First and River Streets.
Arthur E. Miller donated a group of items (accession 2012.021) that belonged to his father, Arthur Edwin Miller, who was Hoboken born-and-raised. He worked at Keuffel & Esser Co. in Hoboken from his late teens in the 1930s to the mid-1950s. Among the items were his ID badge with holder and an Army-Navy ‘E’ Award to Keuffel & Esser Co., Hoboken, N.J., issued to employee Arthur E. Miller, Nov. 4, 1942. It included the pamphlet about the award and K&E plus a presentation envelope. This was the third of seven awards – see another, different style pin here – K&E was one of only 13 companies to receive as many as seven for their World War II efforts.