Storytime - Uptown & Downtown!
Penny's Storytime at the Museum
1301 Hudson St.
Ages 2-5, 30 minutes
Every Thursday, 10:30 am
This storytime program is designed especially for our youngest museum guests. Named in honor of Penny Metsch, who created and hosted the program in 2005, the program presents stories and songs about city life read by Education Curator Maria Lara and guest readers. All are invited, but due to space constraints, reservations are required. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian. A reservation link will be posted to our home page at 10:30 am on the day before each session.
This program is supported by our family sponsor, Macy's, but donations are appreciated.
Tips and Guidelines for making Storytime successful:
- Reserve your space by registering online, and bring a printed registration form to help us expedite check-in.
- Doors to the Museum will open at 10:15 a.m.
- There is only one "late admittance" window during the songs after the first book.
- The museum is not childproof, so if you see your child trying to touch the cabinets or museum displays, please gently lead them back to the group.
- If your child is crying or having a difficult time, please take him or her outside so as not to disturb the others and try to come back another time.
- If your child is not being gentle with another child, please separate the children and make sure it doesn’t happen again.
- Cell phones are fine for taking pictures of your child, but not for talking on or texting.
- All the adults in the room are role models for the children. If they see you sitting and listening to the story, they will too. If they see you talking or texting, they won’t.
- Please enjoy your food after Storytime, not during, and take any cups or wrappers with you.
Thank you for your cooperation!
Storytime at the Fire Department Museum
213 Bloomfield St.
Ages 2-5, 30 minutes
Every Sunday (from Apr. 2), 12:30 pm
This storytime program is designed especially for our youngest museum guests. Stories and songs about city life are presented by Museum staff and guest readers every Sunday, starting April 2, from 12:30 - 1:00 pm. All are invited, and the program is free, thanks to the generous support of the Hoboken Family Alliance. Individual donations are appreciated.
The next date is April 2, 2017.