…just for the fun of it!
The Hoboken Historical Museum’s mission is to showcase Hoboken’s rich history. As a small nonprofit supported primarily by local fundraising and public grants, we depend on volunteers to manage and staff our fundraising events. These events help fund the entertaining and educational exhibits and events that advance the community’s appreciation of Hoboken’s colorful history.
Volunteering is a fun way to get to know your neighbors and connect with the city’s cultural life. No prior experience is needed; the only requirement is a friendly attitude. Most assignments are for a couple of hours, and involve setting up for an event, helping register participants, accompanying Garden Tour groups or greeting House Tour visitors, serving tomatoes or selling merchandise. There’s something for everyone!
In 2017, volunteers are needed at the following Museum-hosted events: (Please note: dates subject to change. Call or email email@example.com for details.)
- Secret Garden Tour, Sunday, June 4, 9 am – 4 pm
- Spring Family Fun Day, Sunday, June 18, 10 am – 4 pm
- Fall Family Fun Day, Sunday, October 15, 10 am – 4 pm
- Hoboken House Tour, Sunday, October 22, 9 am – 4 pm
At city events and community festivals, we need volunteers to staff our booth selling Museum merchandise and to spread the word about our activities:
- Hoboken Spring Arts & Music Fest, Sunday, June 11
- St. Ann’s Feast, week of July 20 – 26
- Hoboken Fall Arts & Music Fest, Sunday September 24
- Hoboken City Hall Crafts Fair, Saturday – Sunday, Dec. 2 – 3
For more information on these and other volunteer opportunities, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also sign up for our email event advisories at our website, www.hobokenmuseum.org (be sure to check the “Volunteer opportunities” box in the sign-up form), or call the Museum at 201-656-2240.