Schnackenberg’s is back (props to Eugene and Joyce Flinn). Dorothy Schnackenberg Novak, a daughter of founder Henry Schnackenberg, recently donated this early menu to the Museum from the days when coffee was five cents and Tutti-Frutti was an ice cream flavor (made downstairs!) before it became a rock-and-roll song. Her father opened it in 1931 (Dorothy came along a bit later) and she was there when it closed for renovation in 2012. She still lives above the shop and, like many in town, is happy in its return.
See larger views in our online catalog, use keyword: 2013.071.0001